0

Houston... We have a routine!

Posted by Lacey on 3:54 PM in
A consistent routine. Something that to a new mom seems as elusive and unattainable as Sasquatch or Nessie the Loch Ness Monster.

I'm writing this with the fear that just by saying it, Parker is going to freak out and we will never reach this blissfully predicable state again. As it has been almost 6 weeks of this wonderful consistency and I'm really hoping it is going to stick for now. (I have been trying to write this post for a few weeks now, but I have been too afraid to publish it.)

When we came home from the hospital "people" told me to just give it time and Parker would fall into his 'own routine'. I couldn't decipher a routine out of what we where doing everyday. I never new what to expect. I'm a creature of habit. I like consistency and knowing what is going to come next. When I shower, I will do everything in the exact same order. Every time. When I clean, or drive to work, it is always in the same order. Call me OCD, crazy or whatever you would like, but the little stuff like that brings me peace.

I decided that my kid didn't know what the hell he wanted or when he wanted it. 6 weeks after coming home and we were still staying up 'till 12-1am. I never new when he was going to sleep or eat. There was no consistency. I only knew that I was going to wake up, keep the child alive and then go back to bed. When or how it was all going to happen neither of us knew. I think he was feeling as lost as I was. So we tossed that idea cause it was obvious that Parker needed a little direction.

Now it has been almost 6 blissful weeks of bath time at 8:00, boob and then bed by 10:00. Parker will then sleep until about 7:00 on days I work because I'm forced to wake him. There really is nothing I hate more than having to wake him when all I want to do myself is sleep. I just feel so bad. When we are home he wakes up on his own, typically around 8:00 - 8:30, gets a new diaper, eats, and then back to sleep for about 2 1/2 to 3hrs. What can I say, the kid loves his sleep. After a couple of cat naps, lunch, dinner, snacks, playtime and another 2-3 hr afternoon nap, it is time to start it all over again.

...Now if we could only move bedtime to 8:00...alone time with the Hubby would be wonderful...

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Lacey's Laughable Life All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.